Soap and Glory is the staple bathroom necessity for any home, and it's not just adorably packaged (Although the pink theme is too amazing to mention). After much debate in Boots over the two for three shelf, I decided to pick up my favourite products from the Soap and Glory range.
After a long day at work I decided to go for a nice long shower and pamper myself with all the wonderful goodies I had purchased and fell back in love with the range. I came out smelling like a mixture between a sweet shop and cookies, and as smooth as baby's butt.
So after my revelation, I thought I would share my favourites with you.
Sugar Crush - Fresh and Foamy Body Wash
Ignoring the fact that the packaging is candy striped and gorgeous, this is one of the sweetest smelling shower gels without that horrid overpowering scent that most candy smelling gels come with. The handy pump stops you from putting too much on, and makes it last forever! I swear that the bottle starts to degrade before you even finish the bottle.
The body wash smells of citrus and especially of limes which reminds me of the little bags of chocolate limes I used to devour as a kid and foams up amazingly in the shower. It doesn't dry out your skin, and trust me. When you are having a hazy morning or even hungover, this wakes you up completely and leaves you feeling refreshed.
Smoothie Star - Breakfast Scrub
Oh wow, if you have not tried this, then you have to. To start with, it smells of oat biscuits, which leaves your skin nice enough to eat, but it is called breakfast scrub for a reason. It completely revives your skin, as in, reveals a whole new layer. The granules buff away any muck from the day, and if you are anything like me, completely fascinate you. The consistency is both soft and rough, and is the easiest pampering item that you can use, with exactly zero effort.
Smoothie Star - Deep Moisture Body Milk
Now what is better to finish pamper session, than making your skin as smooth as ...milk. Not the saying you are used to, but trust me that you will never look back. Once again the smell reminds you of an oat smoothie, but this time, it leaves a gorgeous sheen on your skin.
If you are anything like me, then you are used to thick, gloopy consistency of cheaper moisturisers and butters, that once applied, make you feel like a basted turkey, but this is so light, you barely notice it is there.
Now, I know I am 100% a Soap and Glory fan, I do however have a few issues, and by a few, I mean one. Price. I completely agree that the item is worth more than they cost but with the average price being around £10, it isn't exactly accessible for everyone.
I know, that back in my college days I could barely afford to think of moisturiser, other than pay £10 for it. If it wasn't a necessity (Let me just confirm that chocolate was in fact one for me) then I couldn't get it. So, if it isn't in your price range then not to worry - there are plenty of dupes! Or, if you are like me, then wait for the three for two offers in boots.
However if you are looking for one that's high quality then I definantly recommend this range. It will be the best smelling decision you have ever made.
Please note that this is not a sponsored review, and that all items were purchased by myself. All photography is credit to Geran Walmsley, and editing by myself.
Imagine this - You wake up, birds are tweeting, the sun is shining and ...What the hell? Your head is pounding, your stomach is churning and your throat is on fire. It doesn't matter if it was that iffy chicken, or that strange guy on the bus with the snotty tissue, you're ill and it's bad. You feel like your life is over, trust me, I know. My bank holiday weekend was filled with food poisoning, and I couldn't believe how unlucky I was.
So just in case you are suffering through the same as I was, I thought I would let you know my tips of the trade to make you happy and healthy again.
1. Drink lots of fluids - I know this is a known remedy, but find your "ill drink" mine is tropical juice, milk or really weak tea. Water doesn't have to be the only drink that you take. Sports drinks are a great way to get sugar into your system without a nauseous flavour.
2. Bland, bland, bland - Crackers, toast and digestive biscuits. The boring food, but the best for your upset tummy! If you are feeling sick, then burn your toast. Sounds strange but it works.
3. Netflix is life - Netflix is my family, my best friend and my lover. It is the third party in my relationship, and my boyfriend loves it. I heartily recommend lying down with your duvet and binge watching series after series of amazing entertainment. My favourites are - Archer, Gavin and Stacey and Orange is the new black.
4. Speaking of duvet - Live in it! Carry your duvet wherever you go, and sit in your pyjamas until you are better. Not only is it super comfy, but it will keep your temperature level.
5. Reading - Remember that book that you have been meaning to read, but after work, college and life as we know it, you just haven't had the time? Well now you do. Lie back and forget yourself into a whole new paperback world. Eyes hurting? Audio books are like being back in your younger years, with your parents reading you a story goodnight (Or in my last audio books case - Betty White).
6. Bath time - The hottest bath that you can imagine, with some nice bubbles and that book you discovered in step 5 can let you sweat out your illness in the most calming way we can muster.
7. Frozen Peas - ...I know this is a strange one to admit, but I adore frozen peas when I am ill. Just wrap them in a tea towel and press them against the poorly area. Headaches, toothache, stomach aches and more.
8. Sleep - This one is my personal favourite (You know, if the internet isn't working, and Netflix is off). When you sleep, you heal. It's scientifically proven, so just remember all of the mornings you wished you could have just ten minutes more, and make the most of it. When else, do you get the chance to sleep the day away?
9. Aimlessly scroll through social media - I know this isn't exactly a tip, but it's something you know you are going to do. Constantly refreshing, and constantly grumbling how rubbish it is.
10. Be the boss! - Remember that when you are ill, you're the boss. Just make the most of the relaxation and when you need something, just call out your families/partners name and sweetly tell them "I would...but i'm so ill". It will work like a charm.
After looking through those tips, it doesn't sound too hard right? So take it easy, and get yourself better. The world starts again tomorrow!
Much love x
I hate nothing more than getting ready to go out with my friends. Whether it be going out for a meal, to go shopping or even for a night out, I know that I will drive myself insane before I even leave the door.
I reach that time (around an hour before I have to leave) where I have grabbed everything from my closet, tried it all on, and threw it all on the bed in anger. Why do I never have anything I feel happy in? I start to imagine what my friends will look like with their effortless beauty, and hours worth of work for me, in two seconds for them and I feel like rubbish.
I end up standing in front of the mirror frowning at my reflection, and hating myself. Well, this is what I want to stop for all of us. Hating ourselves, allows others to feed off our insecurities. So here are 10 tips I want to share with you all to stop the dreaded fear of our reflection.
1. Try spending a week without any make-up
I know many of us do not dare to venture out of the house without our make-up on, but try it for a week. Embrace your natural look, just how your mother made you. It's what someone will fall in love with, how your child will see you and the face your parents worked hard to raise. Why cover it?
2. Wear what makes you comfortable!
5. Surround yourself with photos of happy memories
It sounds insane, but surrounding yourself with selfies of you and your friends at happy moments of your life can make you feel great about your appearance. Seeing your face around your house, smiling and having fun, makes you realise that the best kind of beauty is the natural you.
6. Make a "What I love about me" list
First of all. This is not vain. This is acceptance. Make a list about all of the things you like about yourself. Even better, get a jar and ask your friends, your family and partner to write what they like about you on a piece of paper and put it into the jar. When you are feeling low, open up the jar and remind yourself of everything that they love about you.
7. Have a pamper night
Run a bath, paint your nails, use that body scrub stuff you brought months ago but never have time to use, apply a face mask and take it off before the time is up because you are convinced it is going to crack your face and most of all relax. There is nothing nicer than the feeling of pure pampering, where you feel like your skin is as smooth as a baby's and you could conquer the world. Even bribe your partner to give you a massage! Pamper yourself, god knows you deserve it!
8. Go exploring!
Grab a friend, partner or just by yourself and go and get some fresh air. Clear your mind, think positive thoughts and have some fun! The fresh air will do you some good, and you might just find somewhere new! Go for it Dora The Explorer!
Nothing is better for you than laughter. Spend some time with friends, watch a funny movie or even prank your friends. Laughter will make you feel great about yourself as who can worry about what they look like when they are crying from the site of your friend falling off the bed (With a helping hand?). Laugh, Laugh, and then laugh some more!
10. Remember that you are who you are!
That freckle on your neck? It's what your partner first noticed about you. Those stretch marks you have? They mark getting past a huge part in your life. That crooked smile? That is what your friend lives to see. That scar on your leg you hate? Marks your discovery of adventure in your younger life. All of the things that you hate about yourself, make you who you are. It doesn't matter if you hate you nose, your stomach or your feet. These things are who you are, and make one hell of an amazing person. You. Love them, just like everyone who is close to you do so BELIEVE in yourself.