Imagine this - You wake up, birds are tweeting, the sun is shining and ...What the hell? Your head is pounding, your stomach is churning and your throat is on fire. It doesn't matter if it was that iffy chicken, or that strange guy on the bus with the snotty tissue, you're ill and it's bad. You feel like your life is over, trust me, I know. My bank holiday weekend was filled with food poisoning, and I couldn't believe how unlucky I was.
So just in case you are suffering through the same as I was, I thought I would let you know my tips of the trade to make you happy and healthy again.
1. Drink lots of fluids - I know this is a known remedy, but find your "ill drink" mine is tropical juice, milk or really weak tea. Water doesn't have to be the only drink that you take. Sports drinks are a great way to get sugar into your system without a nauseous flavour.
2. Bland, bland, bland - Crackers, toast and digestive biscuits. The boring food, but the best for your upset tummy! If you are feeling sick, then burn your toast. Sounds strange but it works.
3. Netflix is life - Netflix is my family, my best friend and my lover. It is the third party in my relationship, and my boyfriend loves it. I heartily recommend lying down with your duvet and binge watching series after series of amazing entertainment. My favourites are - Archer, Gavin and Stacey and Orange is the new black.
4. Speaking of duvet - Live in it! Carry your duvet wherever you go, and sit in your pyjamas until you are better. Not only is it super comfy, but it will keep your temperature level.
5. Reading - Remember that book that you have been meaning to read, but after work, college and life as we know it, you just haven't had the time? Well now you do. Lie back and forget yourself into a whole new paperback world. Eyes hurting? Audio books are like being back in your younger years, with your parents reading you a story goodnight (Or in my last audio books case - Betty White).
6. Bath time - The hottest bath that you can imagine, with some nice bubbles and that book you discovered in step 5 can let you sweat out your illness in the most calming way we can muster.
7. Frozen Peas - ...I know this is a strange one to admit, but I adore frozen peas when I am ill. Just wrap them in a tea towel and press them against the poorly area. Headaches, toothache, stomach aches and more.
8. Sleep - This one is my personal favourite (You know, if the internet isn't working, and Netflix is off). When you sleep, you heal. It's scientifically proven, so just remember all of the mornings you wished you could have just ten minutes more, and make the most of it. When else, do you get the chance to sleep the day away?
9. Aimlessly scroll through social media - I know this isn't exactly a tip, but it's something you know you are going to do. Constantly refreshing, and constantly grumbling how rubbish it is.
10. Be the boss! - Remember that when you are ill, you're the boss. Just make the most of the relaxation and when you need something, just call out your families/partners name and sweetly tell them "I would...but i'm so ill". It will work like a charm.
After looking through those tips, it doesn't sound too hard right? So take it easy, and get yourself better. The world starts again tomorrow!
Much love x