If you are anything like me, you will love anime. They're grown - up cartoons that can pull on the heart strings, and make you cry of sadness, horror or happiness. Who wouldn't love that?
Well, whether you want to give it a try, or need some new anime to watch, here is my list of top 5 animes to watch!
1. Attack on Titan (5/5 for shock and obsession) Of course this is going to be my number one anime to watch. I can't help but cosplay this everyday in one way or another. Watch Eren grow up in a world, where humans are food by Titans. Where he becomes a Scout to try and find humanity an escape, and to avenge his mothers death. I will warn you, that your favorite character will die. Grab your tissues, and prepare to spend all of your time hugging your pillow in shock at this one. Prepare for alot of Cosplay posts about this! There is a movie and a live action movie coming out this year, as well as series two so there is lots to fill your wonderful minds with, and to entertain you for months (Or is you are me - one night of serious no sleeping netflix night). Trust me, it's worth selling your soul for.
2. Souleater (5/5 for all of the giggles) Speaking of souls. Souleater is one the funniest Animes out there, trust me. Where a human can be used as a weapon, Excalibur is an annoying short guy with a passion for stories, and death is the good guy with an amazing sense of humor. This is a great change of pace, and as silly as it can be, the characters have great back stories and will leave your stomach hurting from laughter.
3. Knights of Sidonia (5/5 for full on concentration) How do I describe this anime? Hmmm... well, you know how you can watch a 4 hour film without moving, and have no idea how that happened once it ends? Well welcome to ten times worse. You will be up all night watching Knights of Sidonia, on the edge of your seat from needing to pee for the past hour, but not wanting to stop watching. I won't say anything about the storyline as it will ruin it for you but it is not what you are expecting. From first look, it looks like a normal Mech anime, but it's about the people inside. The next series is out this year so you will want to get watching series one before!
4. Deadman Wonderland (5/5 for shock) Deadman Wonderland is theme park that houses criminals in Japan. Sounds normal? Well it is a carnival that is open to the public, where the criminals get tortured through death matches for the audience on stage. It's just a show right? Wrong, it's real. Follow Ganta who was framed for a crime he never committed and his friend Shiro, try to survive the toxic world they are living. The character back stories are so in depth, and there are reasons behind everyone pain. Shiro is a happy go lucky inmate who is more interested in her snacks and being best friends with Ganta than the horror that surrounds them.
5. Vampire Knight (5/5 for love and Vampires) Vampire knight is an amazing love story that is all kind of badass. Cross Academy is a day school for humans, and a night school for vampires. The teachers range from badass to eccentric, and the vampires are either kick ass or up their own arse. It's good for a laugh, but the story line I adore. Follow Yuki, who is adopted by the Headmaster of Cross Academy. Yuki was rescued from a rogue vampire by Kaname, one of the few Royal Vampires who is the leader of the night school. Follow Yuki's love story with someone she can never be with, whilst spending her days with Zero. A lovable moody antagonist, with a terrible past, but with Yuki's help? A great future.
So there you have it. My top five Anime to watch...that is until fall in love with even more...this list may need updating several times!